Mechanic Improvement Thread (MADO and Axe)

Mechanic_of_Pain

20 hours ago, Zero Gin said:

Mado Mechanic is a very strong class, they had to nerf the damage or it would be out of control... They never were meant to be the top DPS, they are a very good one (with the right investment).

Their role are to be a "safe" dps dealer, with immunity to full strip, no slows, great repositioning skills (Front and Back Slide), a % spammable heal, elemental armors on demand (Elemental Shift), a moving Pneuma... They can even remove Defending Aura of the targets...

For me they aren't the top damages (GX and RK damage is a joke, they have to review those reworks), but they're way good in many cases in a solo situation

"They never were meant to be the top DPS, they are a very good one (with the right investment)."

Can you please guide me more on this statement, will be appreciated.
Thank You

On 5/8/2020 at 9:40 AM, Alee said:

"They never were meant to be the top DPS, they are a very good one (with the right investment)."

Can you please guide me more on this statement, will be appreciated.
Thank You

As i said, for the amount of defensive and utility they have, if their damage was on par with GX per say, it would be very broken, to not to say make everyone play the class.

The "right investment" would be something like sufficient aftercast delay, ASPD and INT/DEX to instacast his skills, and the maximum damage gear in the rest of the equipment.

GX have to do high damage, they are not meant to be wearing shields, so they have to kill fast or die trying (Again, they overdid way too much in that rework, so that's expected the nerf in skills that can crit).

If you go in Youtube and search "Mechanic kRO", you can see plenty of videos like this one:

Sure to kRO standards, this is not astonishing, but remember, Arms Cannon doesn't miss, is very spammable, ignore def, can have ghost/holy endow easy and is ranged, so a lot of great aspects to a damage skill, adding to the forementioned utility skills and the fact that he can and will be using a shield, without giving any damage away to do it.

I really think Mechanic (all of his builds) in kRO are in a great spot. The problem is now that GX/RK are way too overtuned, everything else seems lacking power.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:53 AM, Zero Gin said:

As i said, for the amount of defensive and utility they have, if their damage was on par with GX per say, it would be very broken, to not to say make everyone play the class.

The "right investment" would be something like sufficient aftercast delay, ASPD and INT/DEX to instacast his skills, and the maximum damage gear in the rest of the equipment.

GX have to do high damage, they are not meant to be wearing shields, so they have to kill fast or die trying (Again, they overdid way too much in that rework, so that's expected the nerf in skills that can crit).

If you go in Youtube and search "Mechanic kRO", you can see plenty of videos like this one:

Sure to kRO standards, this is not astonishing, but remember, Arms Cannon doesn't miss, is very spammable, ignore def, can have ghost/holy endow easy and is ranged, so a lot of great aspects to a damage skill, adding to the forementioned utility skills and the fact that he can and will be using a shield, without giving any damage away to do it.

I really think Mechanic (all of his builds) in kRO are in a great spot. The problem is now that GX/RK are way too overtuned, everything else seems lacking power.

Thanks for the guidance @Zero Gin, really appreciated!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Is this for real??

divine-pride.net Item - Cancer Ring (divine-pride.net)

Vit + 5
Attack Speed + 5%
―――――――――――――
MaxSP + 100
―――――――――――――
Increases physical damage by 5%.
―――――――――――――

Reduces casting time of Axe Boomerang by 1.5 seconds.
―――――――――――――
Has a chance to gain 2-Carat Diamond and 3-Carat Diamond when killing monsters.
―――――――――――――
When equipped by Mechanic
Attack Speed + 5%, increases physical damage by 5%, increases Axe Tornado and Axe Boomerang damage by 50%.
―――――――――――――
Can be sold to NPC
Can be placed in the Kafra Storage

―――――――――――――
Class: Accessory
Attribute: - Slots: 0
Def : 0 Mdef : 0
Refined: Yes Destroyed: No
Weight: 10
Required Level: 1
Jobs: All

I remember the last time I played it was -1.5s CD? I haven't played for a long time now. Why change it?

• 2 months later...